shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

2.08.2005

life where the stars are hollow (updated)

For those of you who are uncivilized philistines, it may come as news that this evening marks the 100th episode of the Gilmore Girls. Some assorted links:

See Dana Stevens' (aka the fabulous Liz Penn) Slate column about these "literary lionesses" on the occasion of this season's visit from Norman Mailer.

Be in Rory's Book Club (which is mostly awesome, except things like the ringer Five People You Meet in the Bathroom When You're Dead).

There's a wikiquote page full of GG goodies.

Or see this discussion of two characters that may have Asperger's.

Kind of scary, stalkeresque article about Rory in "Girls' Life" magazine.

A much less scary article on Lauren Graham from Los Angeles Magazine. ("Recite 'Jabberwocky,' now, now! Or die, bitch!")

And, um, apparently there was a hoax article circulating at some point claiming that creator extraordinaire Amy Sherman-Palladino was "just a fictitious name representing a writing collective of Aaron Sorkin (The West Wing), Patrick Caddell (The West Wing), and Kevin Falls (Sports Night)." They wish.

Brand new NYT interview with the very real Ms. Sherman-Palladino. Well, my writing, my banter comes from my upbringing, my Catskills/Borscht Belt influence. My father's a comic, now in his 70's. He's the king of the cruise lines. He works on the cruise lines 90 percent of the year.

See you at 8. This is the only show left that I still actually watch while it's on, suffering through commercial hell and everything.

UPDATED to add a couple new links: Tito Perez (whose site you should be reading) points out the Onion AV Club interview with the popular Ms. Sherman-Palladino and HGStabler writes in with this cool link.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:36 PM , Blogger Chris McLaren said...

    While I won't be watching in real time tonight (conflicts with my poker game), I surely will be watching later tonight, post-poker.

    I don't know about Lauren Graham, but I think were Lorelai Gilmore a real person, she might be the one that could wreck my marriage.

    C.

     
  • At 5:51 PM , Blogger Gwenda said...

    I feel the same way, Mr. McL.

    Tem, I must warn you that tonight's episode looks very heavy on the backstory-dependent plot elements. That said, I started watching in the middle of what is supposedly the weakest season, season 4, and was immediately hooked with no need for backstory. Repeats are on ABC or Fox Family (one of the two) a couple of times a day and they just went back to Season 1.

     
  • At 3:24 PM , Blogger Ted said...

    Our TiVo happened to record a couple repeat episodes of Gilmore Girls around the time of the election last fall, and I found the show to be an ideal remedy for the gloom of political reality. Since then Marcia and I have been watching the repeats (on ABC Family), so now we've seen it from the middle of season one to the end of season four. I'm not sure how we'll pick up season five, though.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home