shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

9.01.2005

break time

I've been burning the candle at both ends lately, working too hard, not getting enough sleep or rest, or writing done, etc. Today I had a scary fainting spell from dehydration at work (long story: don't worry, I'm fine and taking in mucho fluids). I'm officially taking that as an edict from my body to slow down and take some time off. So I'll be back posting here mid-month, in time for the next LBC pick. I reserve the right to poke my head in every once and awhile, but I need a blogcation, to get other things done and just take a general break. Not that I've been wowing you guys with the great posts lately. I'm sure I'll see you around the backblogs and I do plan to actually respond to email for a change. If anyone is desperate to guest blog, drop me a line.

Meanwhile, just like everybody else, I urge you to give what you can to Katrina relief.

ETA: Popping in just to say, check out the Antigeist's analysis of the comparison between 9/11 and Katrina.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Gwenda: Jesus. Please be careful. The body is more delicate than we give it credit for. It's also quite resilient when we put it in abeyance for a while. Rest up and all best.

     
  • At 8:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'll second ed's comment. My partner recently had a major collapse due to stress, fatigue, and generally pushing herself too hard. It was scary as hell. Some forced rest did her a ton of good. Our biggest lesson from what happened to her was that listening to one's body is pretty damn important, and when it says "quit it", you should. So rest up, continue with the mucho fluids, get better.

     
  • At 5:17 AM , Blogger Gwenda said...

    Hey, thanks guys. I feel pretty stupid about the dehydration. I had a minorish bout of food poisoning earlier in the week and tried to just continue running around pell mell without stopping to take in anything that wasn't a further dehydrant (i.e. tea!). I plan lots of r and r.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home