shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

6.27.2005

monday hangovers

Scott Esposito points you to a list of free stuff by a bunch of great authors, courtesy of The Guardian.

Longish thread over at The Dark Cabal about gender exploration in SF, pro and con.

A MeFi entry linking to various things Suck.com (RIP). Oh, how I loved that site back in the day.

Beatrice mentions the latest electronic boook giveaways by Cory Doctorow and Charlie Stross and the impact on sales (linking to this Book Standard article). I still believe that Alan DeNiro summed up the whole Science Fiction Writers of America controversy over piracy and the fear fear fear of giving away work for free here. Aargh, matey!

Laila Lalami adds to the growing body of raves for The Hummingbird's Daughter, which is definitely on my TBR list
.

Why cyclists wear black pants (thanks, Justine!).

What quiz will I post next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home