shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

8.27.2004

tune in tokyo

Screw the Olympics. Mr. Barzak is taking on the Japanese where it really matters: karaoke.

Tonight, though, we went karokeing again and I beat this shit out of Takayoshi with my Divinyls I Touch Myself and TLC Unpretty, as well as Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Want to Have Fun, so we are back Japan 1, Barzak 1. And will stay there till the next karaoke event passes. I feel like I'm in the Olympics here, so cheer and believe that the USA can surpass the Japanese in Karaoke. I will soak it all in and test Takayoshi in our next event. I am holding my Four Non Blondes card to spring on him as a surprise. Little does he know the power of deep base Amerikan gaijin. Journey and The Cars be damned. I will pull out Love Shack when it's needed.

Whew. They had an early lead.

I believe in you, CB.

Related: I would totally become an obsessive fan of Olympic-level karaoke. Someone start a petition.

worm "Love Shack," The B-52's

namecheck Chris "Talk to the Hand" Barzak

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home