shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

8.25.2004

of course...

We fell in love with the house. It's quite cool, but I'm not describing it unless this goes any further.

We shall see.

(The front room has a pressed tin ceiling painted a really lovely dark green.)

Crazy, but you never know. Anyone who actually knows about buying a house should feel free to email me as I don't know what the hell I'm doing and am relying on the internet for guidance -- and the wireless still isn't working, people! It's like the stone age in here.

Hopefully, a few more substantial posts in the morning.

Now: Night.

worm "Wave of Mutilation," Pixies

namecheck The Southern Blog Cabal (Blocabal? SouBloCab?)

5 Comments:

  • At 7:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Here's a suggestion: blawgers.

    --Jeff
    www.syntaxofthings.com

     
  • At 10:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oooo! While I was at far too many blogger events--karaoke, Siberia--that were written up by Yankee ink-stained wretches earlier this year, I've never been prouder than I was at the Southern Blog Cabal namecheck today. That caaf's a troublemaker. Yay!

    Also, no one will fault you for falling for pressed-tin ceilings. No one.

     
  • At 10:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ah, never mind on the blawgers. The law geeks have it. Maybe something like y'allgers. Anyway, just don't forget the SoCal Southerner. I fly home once a year!

    --Jeff
    same as above

     
  • At 6:51 AM , Blogger Gwenda said...

    Y'allgers does have a certain ring to it. And we would never forget about you Jeff, though it's probably a good thing for your sake you spend most of the year out of range. I'm picturing regular ceremonies with tiaras.

    Pressed tin... sigh. I didn't sleep at all last night.

     
  • At 8:55 AM , Blogger Clint said...

    I bought a well-kept hundred-year old house (sadly, sans pressed tin) with a huge porch and pocket doors one block from the Ohio River almost four years ago ... got a bargain because it sat alongside one of the busiest streets in town. I hated the buying process with unbridled passion, but I loved the house. I've found few things better than accidentally tossing a ball through a window and knowing that no landlord would ever fine me for it. I miss that house sometimes.

    On the other hand, I had to do one of those loanshark soul-selling loans because my then-wife and I had led irresponsible lives ... 10.5 percent while everyone else was getting around 5. And honestly, I can't really say it was worth it in the end ... but it was nice while it lasted.

    Good luck -- Clint

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home