shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

4.28.2003

Did I say done? That's not what I meant.

(Nebulous, nebulous bastards.)

Still working, probably will be straight on to morning and through Thursday when I will go, whew for real, for at least 24 hours.

So, not much till then. Random quotes from books to entertain and amuse till then.

Currently, I have pulled the first two books I could get to, from the "Folklore" area.

Let's roll the dice.

The moon was safe! How the people all shouted! How they praised the brave princess!

I like it, it seems oddly appropriate. From "The Crab That Tried to Swallow the Moon" in Wonder Tales of Seas and Ships.

One more? Okay.

The Magi received their biggest blow in 522 B.C. when a Median usurper and Magus named Gaumata posed as the regent of Cambyses II, Cyrus' successor, while the king was on a military campaign in north Africa.

Perhaps not so relevant, unless a Median usurper and Magus is headed my way. No matter. Sentence from "The Fall of the Magi" in From the Ashes of Angels: The Forbidden Legacy of a Fallen Race."

Back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home