shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

4.14.2003

Monday, Monday, as that lame song they always play on bad morning shows goes. And that's just how I feel about it. Like a bad morning song.

Six Feet Under is really good this season. Last night's episode had a big Jeanne Tripplehorn joke, not to mention was directed by Nicole Holofcener.

The Mountain Goats and the Baptist Generals (two bands) are both from Denton, Texas, I believe, and not as I have misled you from Tallahassee. They are fine and excellent bands, both, and really nice guys to boot. We bought all their CDs. The Baptist Generals new drummer looks just like Jason Schwartzman. In fact, it may have been Jason Schwartzman. They're getting ready to hook up with another great band, Crooked Fingers, for a little tour. The best to all of them.

Was a fun show, at High on Rose, and one of the guys who works at the bar sounds just like Jack Womack, according to Christopher. We told him so. Turned out he'd once bought Elvissey for a friend, knowing nothing whatsoever about it. I went home, let out George, got an extra copy of Random Acts of Senseless Violence and gave it to him. There's a great joyous look people get when strangers suddenly give them a present. I love that look.

Yesterday afternoon, after the house was clean and the groceries bought, I practiced extreme writing avoidance by going to see The Hours downtown. It was good, and I learned two things: lesbians are sad and so are people with AIDS. I'm just kidding, of course. It was good, and I'm glad I saw it, but I'm not sure exactly what I think about it yet. The performances are all spectacular, they managed to avoid melodrama and it is a very good adaptation of the book. I'm not sure there was enough...light. During the big scene of Richard, when he was tearing the blinds off the windows and screaming, "Let in some light." I kept thinking, well yes, let's have some. Maybe I could see this thing better.

Anyway.

I did do a little work on the rewrite. Just a little. Now I'm too the really hard part, the part where I have to actually go in and sustain logic. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home