shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

2.01.2005

holding myself hostage

No words on the new book and so no update here. Not that the two are related, except in my scattery mind. Tomorrow night is write club, so prolly nothing then either. Life has been busy, but this is silly. Once I start working again, I'll post again here. (If I feel withdrawal pangs, I'll post here instead.)

Meanwhile, visit all the folks on the right. They are turning in novels and uncovering the truth about robots and bringing it on the relevance of poetry and the Original G.K.

Little note: Yet another reason I love the Gilmore Girls: male characters get the benefit of the doubt and are written as well as the women. Only on this show would the boyfriend, the shallow dumbish type (and who I don't really approve of frankly), of Lane, girl drummer, be upset when she gets contacts in an effort to look less geeky. Also, Sebastian Bach is in the band and perfectly terrible.

Oh, and Miss Celine is the best designer ever, right after Edna Mode. "It's Natalie Wood!" "Do you need breasts or are yours sufficing for the moment?"

3 Comments:

  • At 10:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Meaning of JACKANAPES
    Pronunciation: 'jaku`neyps

    Definition: [n] someone who is unimportant but cheeky and presumptuous


    http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/jackanapes

     
  • At 10:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Meaning of JACKANAPES
    Pronunciation: 'jaku`neyps

    Definition: [n] someone who is unimportant but cheeky and presumptuous


    http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/jackanapes

     
  • At 10:45 PM , Blogger Gwenda said...

    Huh?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home