shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

11.29.2004

r&r meets recovery

Oh, that was fun. What a lovely holiday. Please, hit rewind. They came from the east and the north (see also: The Sideshow at the Modern Word, which I keep forgetting to link). Drinks were drunk, fairly huge amounts of food were consumed, biscuits were made, songs were sung, Japan and Raleigh represented by phone, etc. I believe we were not the only ones consuming Kerry champagne, but we still found plenty of things to be grateful for.

Now the house is sad and quiet. The alarm clock went off. Come back. Rewind.

(Sidenote: We saw Sideways and I wanted to love it, expected to love it and ... didn't. The posse was together on this one, with nary a dissenting voice. So, rather than say more, I choose to pretend I didn't see it. But if you're on the fence and want to know why no love, send me a note.)

Posting will probably be light until Thursday or so, because it's time to start the new book and crank out a chapter to turn in to the writing group Wednesday night. I'm sure the fine souls on the right will take up the slack.

Also, I scored eight of ten (missed two and eight) in the Guardian's books into film quiz (via the Altehaggen).

1 Comments:

  • At 5:08 PM , Blogger chance said...

    Also, I scored eight of ten (missed two and eight) in the Guardian's books into film quiz (via the Altehaggen).boo - I stink - I only got 3 right.

    Thanks for the recommendation on Godless - I really enjoyed it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home