shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

11.23.2004

do not wear your coat down a dark alley late at night because the sassy coat patrol will find you

Eek is making me feel as covetous as I was of the June Carter Cash "Faux Leopard Car Coat". She just got hooked up with some mink:

I already had Grandmother's red swing coat, which had white fur trimmed sleeves (I've been told it brings an unfair comparison to Mrs. Claus), and JC's grandmother's black wool coat that I salvaged from her move does have some kind of a black fur collar, but those are backups. Stand back, babies. Hate me if you must, but if fur is the new black, sit your capelet-ed asses down, ladies. Though I'd never, ever, ever condone killing some little rodent for a new coat, and though I will continue to wear my vaguely fur-esque black coat in most casual situations, you may see me occasionally stepping down my cracked concrete steps clad in luxurious mink, Rada R. embroidered into my shell-pink lining.



Now I have to go assure my faux snakeskin stand-by I didn't really mean that I covet other coats.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Have you seen this?

    I think it's time for a chapter.

    EEK (clutching coat nervously)

     
  • At 10:21 AM , Blogger Gwenda said...

    I remember reading about those ladies in Bust, I believe. I am all for the preservation of cocktails and we could even _wear_ our coats. Let them try to abscond.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home