shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

6.03.2004

understating it

So, it turns out this isn't really a cold, more mycoplasma, or as it's commonly called "Walking Pneumonia." (Called such because it doesn't usually make you sick enough to take to your bed completely.) More a general malaise, which I actually like being diagnosed with:

"Do you have malaise?"

"Why yes, a general one."

The funny thing is that my doctor and Christopher's doctor didn't quite see things eye to eye, even though they work in the same office. My doctor's older, wiser and is willing and able to talk your ear (with its bubble thing indicating mycoplasma inside) off about how the antibiotics actually work by engorging the cell. To quote that Dr. Green article, mycoplasma's are kinda cool: They are the smallest self-replicating biologic systems known. And they're in my lungs right now! Anyhow, my doctor and I ran into Christopher in the hall as I was being dispatched and my doctor asked to look over what Christopher's younger doctor had prescribed. Christopher has two different sorts of coughie medicines and says that his doctor told him not to fill the antibiotic unless he got worse. "No, fill it," my doctor says and jets up the hallway, likely to chastise his colleague.

Yes, yes, this is one of those diseases that antibiotics still cure. So, we'll be at home tomorrow, curing and writing up a storm and mailing contributor's copies of Say... why aren't we crying?

I'd also just like to say that I'm really sorry if we gave you this malaisady.

worm: "Jessica Simpson," Adam Green ("Jessica Simpson, where has your love gone? It's not in your muuuusic, no...")

check out: Rabid Transit 3 (available here for a pittance)

namecheck: Elad "Ratbastard Total" Haber

6 Comments:

  • At 9:37 PM , Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

    oh man, feel better!

     
  • At 11:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, bummer! Heather had walking pneumonia, and it was no fun. Feel better!

    Tim Pratt

     
  • At 12:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Here I am posting anonymously on my own blog, because that buggy log-in to comment page never works right.

    Thanks, guys. We slept till noon today, which is actually unheard of for Mr. Rowe.

     
  • At 3:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Feel better soon! (But take advantage of the time to get into some good reading, etc.)
    -o elfalan

     
  • At 7:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Healthy vibes coming your way! Feel better soon, guys.

    Jenn Reese

     
  • At 11:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, your poor lungs! Take care and feel better very soon, please.

    Greg van Eekhout

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home