shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

6.27.2004

how you know you're bad at math

So, sometime during the past year I forgot how old I was. I've been telling people I was one year older than I am, and writing down the wrong age everywhere, and I've also been telling people that I'm turning a year older than I will be.

How odd.

This morning I told my dad how old I thought I'd be and he shook his head. And gently said, you can do math better than that, right?

I must have known at some point, because it says right on Christopher's present on that page that I was 27 and have remained so for the rest of this year.

Of course, age doesn't really matter, other than to make sure you have big fun for the birthdays that end in 5's and 0's and lots of little fun on the others.

Anyway.

My Amazon Wish List is here, though woefully incomplete, and now I'm off to the gym.

worm "Unmade Bed," Sonic Youth

namecheck George "home again, home again" the Dog

3 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM , Blogger Celia said...

    I've been telling aproximately every other person that I'm 28. See, I just had my birthday a month ago, but I'd spent so long thinking I was 'almost 27' that when it finally came around, I thought I had to be 28. I keep meeting new people who pretty much take my word when I say I'm 28, and then get confused when I turn out to be born in the same year as they were. :) And in fact, I was laughing about an incident caused by this, and relating it to a friend, and she was getting the humor..."yeah, you told me you were 28."

    But it's impressive that your dad remembers your age. :) My mom takes my word for it. If she ever has to figure it out, she uses the age of my younger brother as a measuring point--she can't remember the year, even though it's about as easy a year as they come. I mean, she only needs to remember one number...

     
  • At 11:58 AM , Blogger Gwenda said...

    It makes me feel better that someone else has the same problem!

    G

     
  • At 3:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can't even remember what year it is. I keep seeing references to 1997 and thinking that was ten years ago; some part of my brain is convinced that it's now 2007.

    --jed

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home