shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

11.06.2003

the pleasure of sideways normalcy

Feeling a bit better after the big, bad, but seemingly short, Cold of Doom. Hope the other sufferers are too. Alka-Seltzer Cold helped amazingly, though not quite as amazingly as the kind they pulled off the shelves a couple of years back. Why do they flavor these medicinal concoctions? It only makes them more disgusting. But I digress... as usual.

The cold has delayed certain things a couple of days, but contributor and subscriber copies of Say...aren't you dead? should go out in the extremely near future. My realistic estimate is Monday.

Tiger trainer and ex-patriate Kentuckian extraordinaire Mabel Stark's great niece found this site and posted in the quicktopic today (for those of you who never look there), which is justification enough for keeping up this site for me. It was the very coolest surprise of today.

Tiny things:

Laura Miller's latest intentionally inflammatory column, this time on short fiction, specifically the Best American and O. Henry collections for this year. I'm actually looking forward to this year's Best American Short Stories, because Walter Mosley is interesting.

And Edith Grossman's new translation of Don Quixote sounds more than worth a spin, and I don't have a link for that but am putting it here to remind myself.

Cold going means I have to finish the script polish, as the clock is ticking in my ear on getting copies in the mail. So it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home