shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

8.20.2003

avoid things that are good for you...

And by that, I mean things like "Far From Heaven," which want to be some sort of unneeded medicine or panacea. It's not that I hated it, it's just that the more I think about it the more I wish I could have that time back please. Julianne Moore as a teacup, cooing charming and lovely and not being all that sympathetic, frankly, just didn't do it. But I still love Julianne Moore.

George isn't so sure about melodrama himself. He suspects it's lying about something and that even if it's not the overt manipulation just doesn't work when applied with a hand in a suspicious spotless red glove labeled "overt manipulation." I guess I don't like stories where cowardice is an excuse most of the way through.

Anyway. Blech. Now I've seen it. Thank you, New York Critics' Circle.

I really have to finish the book and start something new. Or finish old things that need finishing. Imperative is that the book be finished.

Sometimes, when the printer prints really fast, I'm afraid it's going insane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home