shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

6.06.2003

Pet Peeve No. 997: People with indefensible positions who keep defending them anyway, because it's like, the Internet and no one can stop them.

Long day. I think I know the end end of the book and that's always nice. It's raining outside, which isn't always so nice, but is good enough for sleeping to. And that's what I'm getting ready to do. Long sleep. Get brakes on car fixed. Go pick up the much-missed George Rowe the Dog from the parents' farm.

We watched Autofocus, which was creepy and disturbing in a mostly good way, and then I watched Rabbit-Proof Fence, which was beautiful and disturbing in a completely good way. The latter is an amazing example of spare dialogue and visual storytelling. Highly recommended, although I highly recommend you do not indulge in the featurette on the cattle call they did with every young Aboriginal girl in the country.

Anyway, to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home