shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

5.11.2005

rambly hangovers edition

Nothing like messing around with your template for an hour, then deciding just to leave it as is because everything goes completely screwy when changed. Maybe I'll try again later if I'm feeling better... your faithful Bond Girl is a bit under the weather today. (Whereas, I'd much rather be on top of it, like Storm.)

Speaking of templates, because I was, I gave Mr. Rowe a pretty new one that I now firmly believe I should have kept for my own. He's posted the first of a series of entries teasing the contents of Say... have you heard this one?, starting with poet Peg Duthie*. Go see what it's about. (And then subscribe, if you haven't already -- zines aren't free, you know!) I'll be posting an excerpt from my very first Say... review column sometime soon.

Speaking of Say... contributors, because just look up there, Chance Morrison and Dave Schwartz have added their answers to the what kind of reader you are discussion. Now I have to figure out a next entry for the LBC that will yield the same fabulous results. I appreciate the comments of all who divulged their proclivities.

Speaking of proclivities, because I just did (seriously look up there), David Moles weighs in on the experimental fiction discussion started by Dan Green (?), likely setting off another debateful tempest.

Speaking of tempests, because I can not stop speaking of, the Ruminator interviews Fran Lebowitz. (Via Moorish Girl.)

Speaking of brilliance, Ms. Fowler is on the road lots over the next couple of months. Is she coming to a bookshop near you? (She's coming to ours, yay!)

I'm going to make like George now and lie down. More later.

*Thanks to the person who alerted me to my doltish mistake.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    > contents of Say... have you heard this one?, starting with poet Pam Duthie.

    That's actually Peg Duthie :)

     
  • At 11:19 AM , Blogger Gwenda said...

    I mentioned I'm sick today, right? Thanks!!!

     
  • At 1:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, I didn't want to come across as mean, I'm sorry!
    I appreciate that you're promoting Peg's work, just didn't want people to be confused.

     
  • At 1:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, hey, I left my name on both of those comments, but it's not showing up on either.
    Hmmm.

    marymary
    http://www.pantoum.org

     
  • At 1:36 PM , Blogger Gwenda said...

    Oh no, you weren't mean at all, MaryMary -- I appreciate you pointing it out.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home