shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

5.23.2005

put this one on your buy list now

I completely missed the public announcement of Toni McGee-Causey's recent book deal, but Sarah handily points to it this morning:

Toni McGee-Causey's BOBBIE FAYE'S VERY (very very very very) BAD DAY, the misadventures of one extremely pissed off trailer trash Cajun beauty queen who has to outwit former boyfriends, her "hostage" and organized crime in order to rescue her no-good pain-in-the-ass brother from kidnappers run amok in the Louisiana swamps, to Nichole Argyres at St. Martin's, in a good deal, for three books, in a pre-empt, by Lucienne Diver at Spectrum Literary Agency. Film rights are with Vince Gerardis of Created By.


Toni and I ran off from our screenwriting workshop about the same time to write novels... that had started as scripts. Bobbie Faye's a dead fun white trash caper and you'll be sorry if you miss it. I personally can't wait.

If only this boded well for the book I ran off to write... guess I should finish that, huh? (Getting there, getting there.)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Finish writing that book, Gwenda!

     
  • At 4:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yes, absolutely! I know I'm going to be first in line for anything you write. I just now realized you'd linked to that announcement -- you are the coolest!

    --toni

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home