shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

5.24.2005

book crazy

You may be noticing a trend here, leading up to Wiscon. So much to get done. Sorry.

1) The number of books I've owned?
Lots.

2) The last book I bought?

Not sure. I think it was Trawler by Redmon O'Hanlon. But it could also have been Meg Rosoff's How I Live Now. Or E. Lockhart's The Boyfriend List. The last book I wanted to buy, but put back for next time was The Bitch Posse.

(UPDATED: Ha! I remember: Margo Lanagan's Black Juice. Which is amazing.)

3) The last book I read?
Breath and Bones by Susann Cokal

4) Five books that mean a lot to me: (in no particular order)


1. Sister Noon, Karen Joy Fowler. The first book of Karen's I read. One of my favorite novels, period.

2. Corrupting Dr. Nice, John Kessel. How can you go wrong adding a dinosaur to The Lady Eve? And he fixes the ending. Best time travel novel EVER!!!

3. I Capture the Castle, Dodie Smith. A book I wish I'd read at 14 instead of 24, but loved anyway.

4. Mockingbird, Sean Stewart. This book is damn near perfect, in my opinion.

5. Stranger Things Happen, Kelly Link. One of the story collections I go back to over and over.

6. The Book of Embraces, Eduardo Galeano. A desert island book.

(Can't have just five!)

Tag: All y'all.

(Via Cecil.)

1 Comments:

  • At 10:00 PM , Blogger Gwenda said...

    Hey, I don't know Eduardo Galeano or Dodie Smith, okay?

    Maybe it's just that the people we know write really great books.... like, uh, you. (wink)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home