shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

11.06.2004

NaDruWriNi, and two sentences


In honor of National Drunken Writing Night, which I think we should all participate in. Details on how can be found at the awesome Weirdsmobile. (Via Ed.)

If you happen to be working on some creative writing project, post exactly one sentence from each of your current work(s) in progress in your journal. It should probably be your favourite or most intriguing sentence so far, but what you choose is entirely your discretion. Mention the title (and genre) if you like, but don't mention anything else. This is merely to whet the general appetite for your forthcoming work(s).

The first is from the YA novel -- Girl's Gang -- and is chosen more or less at random from the print-out I'm working from. I'm doing my final polish.

By the time the river ended, I could have been in the caves where the pirates stashed their treasure off the coast of the Caribbean, or at least North Carolina.

The second is from the short story I'm currently reworking, "The Haunted Houses of My Youth."

We went during a steady rain and I even talked Steph inside, but no decades old, murdered blood spilled over the dusty wooden floor.

Now you. I'm going back to listening to The Rosebuds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home