shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

5.12.2004

if you can call this excitement

My favorite political writer from way back Molly ivins is going to have a new book out! (Seriously, wayyyy back -- I started reading Molly Ivins on the recommendatoin of a Governor's School for the Arts teacher in 1993 because he thought there were resonances between our POV's; this because I almost exclusively wrote seething-at-the-mouth political poetry about George the First and his brethren. Excuse me while I'm a tiny bit unembarrassed: I was in high school, people.)

From Helen Brown at the Telegraph:

Allison & Busby is publishing the political satirist Molly Ivins's Who Let the Dogs In? next year. Ivins's column has been syndicated across America for the past 30 years and she has now produced a "Hall of Fame of America's most amazing and outlandish politicians". It will be interesting to see if Clinton's estimation of his career matches Ivins's.

This sounds like the book Ivins was +born+ to write. And much more exciting than 900 pages of Clinton (though don't we all just wish we'd had the option to reelect the guy again? I sure as hell do.).

(Item via the inimitable Maud Newton.)

More later, now day of busy calls to me with its decidedly un-sirenlike song. And by the way, our new writing workshop rocks the house.

worm: "Hard Drive," Evan Dando

check out: the "Out of Gas" episode of Firefly

namecheck: Kristin "Moderate NQ" Livdahl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home