shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

5.11.2004

THEM!!!

Apparently, it's all true, infamous Brood X is awakening to seek its terrible vengea--er, mating season. I've now been told of two separate conversations where someone was informing others that cicadas can kill your pets if they eat them and someone butted in and said, "They can eat dogs?!"

Yes, they can. And they love human big toes, I'm told.

"It's happening," said Michael J. Raupp, a University of Maryland entomologist, referring to the mass emergence of the Brood X periodical cicada in the District and 15 eastern states. In the coming days, he added, "it's going to be, like, everywhere."

I, like, love this fancy science talk.

---

Have you voted for Rupert yet? Christopher received the following message on one of his bicycling lists:

Yes, my brother and I went to high school with Rupert (Rupert was in Scott's class, and Rupert's younger brother, Chris, was in my class, one year behind).  He is a class act....Vote for Rupert.

There you have it, folks. If you're not an enemy of truth, justice and the right way, you'll go do what you should. (I know it's tempting to vote for Shii-Ann -- but she already got a car.)

These people have Bigfoot's footprint. No, really.

And last, what's your name's Naughtiness Quotient?

worm: "Lilly and Parrots," Sun Kil Moon

check out:: WHICH LIE DID I TELL by William Goldman

namecheck: Rupert "He Wouldn't Lick His Plate If You Gave Him the Million, Promise!" Boneham

2 Comments:

  • At 4:13 PM , Blogger Rob Smith said...

    I'm still getting used to your new, old home here. And I can't believe Christopher messed up your bike computer. The audacity.

     
  • At 4:20 PM , Blogger Gwenda said...

    Au contraire -- he messed up his. I wasn't quite clear. I haven't even got one yet, though I desperately crave numerical outputs (which would probably only depress me ala what my burst of speed was only 4 mph, I walk that fast... Now we need two, I guess.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home