shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

9.14.2003

bouncy, bouncy

Jeff Vandermeer reviews Trampoline for Locus Online today. A good review and I don't envy a reviewer trying to sum up this particular anthology with so many interesting, wonderful stories in it. It's kind of fun seeing which stories get mentioned and which don't in the Trampoline reviews. Two of my very favorite stories this year don't, Richard Butner's "Ash City Stomp", which inspired the anthology and the cover art and can be read at that link, and Karen Joy Fowler's "King Rat," which is one of the most beautiful, haunting pieces of fiction I've ever read. And of course, I think Christopher's story "Force Acting on the Displaced Body" is a knock-out; it gets better every time I read/hear it and is damn near perfect in my opinion. And I find it melancholy, aching, amusing, yearning, searching rather than diverting.

But, anyway, a good review: go read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home