shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

8.12.2005

happy happy end of week hangovers

Wow, that was a long week. Tonight, we go see Murderball with friends and then I plan to sleep for a bazillion hours. Then, laundry and back to the rewrite, which I probably should have taken the computer along to Glasgow for because I've now effectively Lost Weekended two entire weeks.

For some reason I am in a very movie-seeing mood. Maybe we'll see more movies in there too (recommendations?).

Anyway. A few links that can't wait:

Margo Lanagan mentions in passing that she's "Faffing around with the extra story that's going into the UK edition of Black Juice." Guess this means I'll be buying the UK edition of Black Juice as well. (Is there anyone reading this who has yet to read this collection? Do yourself a huge favor.)

“These papers should lay to rest once and for all the claims by John Christy and other global warming skeptics that a disagreement between tropospheric and surface temperature trends means that there are problems with surface temperature records or with climate models,” said Alan Robock, a meteorologist at Rutgers University.

Lauren reveals the lunacy behind low-fat fried chicken.

Writer Jana Phipps divulges that she has a blog (and has since February!). I still remember pulling "The First Day of School" out of the Say... what time is it? slush pile and immediately falling in love with it. I actually told Christopher, "We're taking this story because it's wonderful, whether you like it or not. If you fight me, I will go live somewhere else." (Or something to that effect.) But he loved it too. Such are editorial threats. Anyway, go say hello to Jana over at her lovely blog.

Have a nice weekend.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Extra story?

    *wibbles excitedly*

     
  • At 2:45 PM , Blogger Rob Smith said...

    Slim pickin's in movies Gwenda. I finally saw Crash last weekend and enjoyed it. Just watched Four Brothers which is strictly a guy flick, I think. I'm waiting on The Constant Gardener in a couple of weeks.

     
  • At 5:26 PM , Blogger Patry Francis said...

    Summer movies are always a wasteland.

     
  • At 6:38 PM , Blogger Rob Smith said...

    I know they push the Summer Blockbusters early but if I was releasing a movie, it would be now. School is starting back up and we were always looking for something to do as a group on Friday or Saturday night.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home