shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

7.06.2005

no more good ones can go


Ernest Lehman has died. This makes me unaccountably, predictably sad.

Roger Thornhill: Tell me, how does a girl like you get to be a girl like you?
Eve Kendall: Lucky I guess.
Roger Thornhill: No, not lucky. Naughty, wicked, up to no good. Ever kill anyone? Because I bet you could tease a man to death without half trying. So stop trying.

(North by Northwest, but you knew that already.)

I could link for half an hour, so I won't. Read some of the scripts, which can be had by googling, or take a look at these scattered anecdotes from a 2001 issue of Written By. He was also a fantastic fiction writer, particularly short stories. Sweet Smell of Success collects some of his most successful fiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home