shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

4.25.2005

orange ladies

Finalists for the Orange Prize for new women writers have been announced:

Journalist Diana Evans has been chosen for her debut 26a, about twins living in London brought up by their Nigerian mother and dissatisfied British father.

New York-based Nell Freudenberger's Lucky Girls is a collection of short stories set in Asia.

The third contender is Meg Rosoff's How I Live, about a girl sent to England from New York for one 'perfect summer'.


How I Live Now is a completely beautiful young adult novel that I highly recommend. And the Freudenberger was okay too.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:09 PM , Blogger Gwenda said...

    Maybe they figure is she wins an award everyone will forget about the size of her advance!

    (Or alternately, that she'll never get that much one again. I have no idea how Lucky Girls sold, but I can't imagine it earned out. But I could be wrong.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home