shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

2.16.2005

wednesday hangover time

Your trusty Bond Girl seems to be a little under the weather today, or maybe just tired from getting less sleep than usual for the past few days. No matter, the content here will be mostly pointers to other places today. (But we're used to that, you say. I say hush.)

1. The Hotel Allegro, the Nebula weekend hotel, is pet-friendly, which means -- of course -- that George Rowe the Dog, Poster Boy for American Values, My Attorney will be coming with us. This is so exciting that I keep telling him, "George is going on vacation, George is going on vacation." Also, the Chicago premiere of Wicked happens the night we arrive at a theater two blocks away. And, of course, as Mr. Klima pointed out yesterday, a visit will be made to the Lush store. Very exciting.

2. Speaking of the Neb ballot, Christopher posted a lengthy history and thank you to the people who helped "The Voluntary State" along the way. And yes, kids, it's true; it started as a flash fiction exercise I gave him, stolen from my screenwriting workshop (I believe the fabulous Lacy Waltzman originally came up with that one). Even the beach was part of the set-up. So, really, I practically wrote the thing. (wink) Also, he reports that Lance Armstrong will race in Le Tour, something I've said all along. (Hello? Like Discovery is going to fund the team but let their star sit out this year. Uh-uh.) Say what you will about Sheryl Crow, but she has ridden up Alp d'Huez on a bike.

3. Keep an eye on the fabulous, busy, busy Rake this week, as he promises a full report on the talk he attended by Michael Chabon last night.

4. Awwwwwww. (No, seriously.)

5. Agent Jennifer Jackson has written several posts recently that are straightforward, illuminating and full of stuff you may not know (I didn't). Especially her explanation of some of the things a good agent does for you, financially and contractually.

6. David Schwartz on Ender's Game. I laughed, I cried. I agreed with him.

7. "Your eyes shine with the greed of a misplaced tea strainer." "Your fingers are as divine as the pope's nostril hair." Visit the Surrealist Compliment Generator, via the lovely and talented Sonya Taaffe, whose journal you should also be following for her continuing translated snippets of Ištar's journey to the underworld. It looks pretty even before it's translated.

More later.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    (Just found this, because I am deeply behind on reading friends' blogs lately . . .)

    I'm so glad you like the translations!

    *blushes and hides*

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home