shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

12.19.2004

weekend of fabulous prizes

It's snowing! And it's really pretty snow and it's already covered the ground. Now, some of you are sighing or shaking your head, but snow is rare enough in Kentucky these days that you have to appreciate it when it comes. Plus, we have a real yard for George to go make George Angels in later. I will take pictures. I dream of a snow so significant that everything shuts down for a few days. I'll settle for a couple of inches to hide our grass.

This has been a wonderful weekend of excellent, unexpected presents. Friday we came home to a box of Christmas/Birthday (Christopher's) loot from the Raleigh Outpost. I know we probably shouldn't have opened them yet, but we have the willpower of gnats. A beautimous necklace (handmade) and a Trucker Fags wallet (um, I have a feeling that's gonna circulate), an Anne Bonney action figure (yay!), and cool old framed adverts for Kentucky bourbon and in one of them the book in the background is the "Aristocrat of Bonds," and miscellaneous other wonders. On Saturday, I got Lush stuff -- just in time to keep my feet from cracking (thanks, Robin!) and we met up with Katherine and Mandy for lunch. Then, haircut, almost impossible to score at this time of year, and the Lemony Snicket movie with Mandy. And then, my prize possession was revealed unto me:

Mandy gave me an actual stake from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I'll post a picture later.

But you realize this means I'm practically a superhero now, right?

Christopher just came in with groceries and lattes from our coffeeshop. Still snowing. Oh, so best.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:31 PM , Blogger Rob Smith said...

    Well if your a Slayer now I hope you use your power for liberals everywhere. Oh and Oxford magazine is back, baby! New winter issue!

     
  • At 11:51 AM , Blogger Bill S. said...

    I'm jealous. Are you calling it Mr. Pointy?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home