shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

12.28.2004

stealing to give back to you

So, the other day Tito Perez over at Black Market Kidneys* posted answers to all these questions I suspect I may have answered before, but who am I to argue at a time when my brain's sort of mush and I don't want to come up with real content?

1. WHAT IS YOUR FULL NAME? Bond, Gwenda "I don't use my middle name" Bond. Gwenda M. Bond if you are the IRS or Secret Service. (Actually, the Secret Service pretty much requires you to give your full name, whether you like your middle one or not.)
2. WHAT COLOR PANTS ARE YOU WEARING? Brand new stripey pajama pants. With sort of a truckery version of Tinkerbell on them.
3. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Nothing, but the last song I heard was "Silver Lining" by Yo La Tengo.
4. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? A clementine. And I'm eating it right now. Does that make you feel dirty?
5. DO YOU WISH ON STARS? Better -- I make decisions based on what they tell me.
6. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Depends on the day, but one of the ones with a hard-to-remember name.
7. HOW IS THE WEATHER RIGHT NOW? Fucking freezing.
8. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? I hate the phone. Probably my mom.
9. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT YOU THIS? I stole it! So there!
10. HOW ARE YOU TODAY? Good. Tired. Almost done with the book I'm reading.
11. FAVORITE DRINK? Champagne. (The Widow, to be specific.)
12. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK? Oops.
13. FAVORITE SPORT? Bicycling. Also, likee the women's basketball.
14. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS OR GLASSES? Yes.
15. # OF SIBLINGS? One.
16. FAVORITE MONTH? I'm supposed to have a favorite month? I'll work on that. July-ish (aka the Season of Gwendagras)?
17. FAVORITE FOOD? Sushi, pizza, cheese, ice cream, real bagels, too, too many to choose.
18. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The extended edition of Return of the King. Before that it was the Lemony Snicket movie, before that Sunshine State.
19. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR? Halloween. Saturday. My birthday. It all depends.
20. WHAT DO YOU DO TO VENT? Vent. (Or, as a wise woman once said: "So, you're stressed? Drink -- that's how adults deal with stress.")
21. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? My friend Todd's garage door opener. But seriously, is this a fair question? I don't think I had a supreme favorite toy, because my brother tended to blow them up. (See The Strawberry Shortcake Meets Firecracker incident -- and I learned to DIVE for that doll, damn him. And no, the smoke was not strawberry scented. Her breath was.)(Am I the only one who is creeped out by the Return of Strawberry Shortcake? Or should I say THE REVENGE OF STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE? MWAHAHA!)
22. SUMMER OR WINTER? Both fine. Summer gets points for being less cold. Winter would get more if we actually ever got enough snow to cover the ground here. (Yeah, yeah, big snowstorm. All we got was ice.)
23. HUGS OR KISSES? OR?!? I don't see a choice here.
24. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Vanilla sometimes, chocolate others. If we're talking ice cream, mostly vanilla.
25. DO YOU WANT YOUR FRIENDS TO REPLY? Friends? What is friend?
26. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? If I say, it might influence the outcome, all Schroedinger-esque.
27. WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? God.
28. LIVING ARRANGEMENTS? Lovely old house.
29. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? This morning while reading the news.
30. WHAT IS UNDER YOUR BED? The purpose of under the bed is that I don't KNOW what's under it. Damn, now I have to check. It could be a nutcase with an arrow.
31. WHO IS THE FRIEND YOU HAVE HAD THE LONGEST? I'm not sure. Sunshine, maybe?
32. WHAT DID YOU DO LAST NIGHT? Bought a bazillion tons of groceries and watched Gilmore Girls reruns we'd TiVoed.
33. FAVORITE SMELL? Champagne, no? Lush bath products, yes?
34. WHO INSPIRES YOU? Too many people to say.
35. WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF? The ocean.
36. PLAIN, BUTTERED OR SALTED POPCORN? They all have their appointed time. Mostly, cheddary popcorn.
37. FAVORITE CAR OR TRUCK? Uhhhhhh.... The General Lee? That was a joke, Northerners.
38. FAVORITE FLOWER? Tulips! Of course.
39. NUMBER OF KEYS ON YOUR KEY RING? More than your high school janitor. Who knows where they go? At some point, I'll be faced with a lock and there will be zombies and/or Michael "Glove Monster" Jackson and, and, and one of those mystery keys will come in pretty damn handy.
40. CAN YOU JUGGLE? I can barely hold a wine glass without breaking it. I don't think me throwing things in the air would be a good plan.
41. FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK? Saturday.
42. WHAT DID YOU DO ON YOUR LAST BIRTHDAY? Low key stuff.
43. DO YOU OWN A DONOR CARD? No. But I think I filled one out in grade school.
44. FAVORITE ANIMAL? George the Dog, Poster Boy for American Values, My Attorney.
45. FAVORITE VACATION SPOT? Uh, anyplace that's not referred to as a "vacation spot." I don't take stain remover when I travel.
46. FAVORITE AGE? Don't have one. I tend to assume everybody I like is the same age -- which is an indefinable age of wisdom, beauty and perfection.
47. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? Right now? Maisonneuve.
48. FAVORITE WEB SITE? Bloglines. (Yeah, so it's cheating.)
49. FAVORITE SOAP OPERA? My grandmothers were all into The Young and the Restless. House?
50. FAVORITE HISTORICAL DUO YOU ARE LIKE TO MISSPELL: Name some. I can only think of the ones I can spell.

*he has a great name and his site does too! no fair!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home