shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

10.21.2004

another reason anne rice sucks

She doesn't know how to respond to her critics nearly as well as Caitlin Kiernan:

What am I supposed to say in response to a reviewer who's reading comprehension is so low that he couldn't even catch the fact that Daria's house is located in San Francisco, not Alabama? How would I reply to someone with such an obvious contempt for poetry or any sort of experimental prose that he isn't ashamed to employ a phrase like 'tricksy 'poetic effects''? I just don't know. How about, 'Asshole, meet Opinion. Opinion, meet Asshole'?

I have written my publicist and editors letters asking that they never again send review copies to Fangoria.

And Mr. Philpott, if you are out there ego-surfing one day and happen across these comments, just remember, though it might be trite of me to say so, an A- from Entertainment Weekly trumps an F from a titties and gore mag any old day of the week. In short, please feel free to kiss my sophomoric ass, that is if you can first manage to extract your head from out your own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home