shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

8.16.2004

doing it for themselves

Regular NPR commentator Patt Morrison writes about Lynne Cheney's Sisters and finds the contents shocking -- especially the feminism:

I found myself thinking that, in some ways, Lynne Cheney's 19th century Wyoming sounds like a better place for women than George W. Bush's dream for 21st century America.

In Lynne Cheney's Wyoming, the heroine debates with the governor and drops an opera house chandelier on a man trying to kill her.

In Lynne Cheney's Wyoming, a woman might even tell a tormentor to 'shove it,' and earn a frontier 'you go, girl' for saying so.


worm "Strange Angels," Kristin Hersh

namecheck everyone I owe email; I'm going to write you -- soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home