shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

7.02.2004

reviews and interviews

David Schwartz is catching up on his reading, on his review blog. He's trying to do a review a day and he's reading some really fine things: Perfect Circle, Scott Westerfeld's fabulous Midnighters: The Secret Hour, the new Rabid Transit: Petting Zoo chapbook from the Ratbastards, Horses Blow Up Dog City and Other Stories by Richard Butner.

David's reviews are excellent reads, for example:

My copy of this fine-looking chapbook, with the royal blue cover, crawled menacingly up to me today as I was dozing after a long bike ride.

"Every day," it said. "A review a day, you said, until you catch up. And you already missed yesterday. Review me."

"There's some question about whether or not what I do could really be called reviewing," I said. Nevertheless, I sat up and tried to collect my thoughts. Then I hit upon an idea.

"Tell me about yourself," I told Petting Zoo. "What is it you're all about?"

"Stories," it said, hopping up on a chair and cracking open a beer.


And speaking of the Ratbastards, there's also an interview with Say... poetry magnate Alan DeNiro over at Matthew Cheney's Mumpsimus.

That is all for now. Happy Independence Almost Tour de France Day!

worm "Right Right Now," Beastie Boys

namecheck Scott "Sequel King" Westerfeld

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home