shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

2.22.2005

ten things that you probably haven't done

Because I'm really a follower. (It hurt to type those words, because they are a lie.)

Off the tippy top of my head:

1. Combined Guinness and espresso late at night in a Huntington club that was half coffee-bar/half real bar and drank it, under the color theory of mixology.

2. Bought a turquoise bowling shirt off Sally Timms’ back after a Mekons show.

3. Heckled Prince Charles in order to get kicked out of the British Museum. (Worked!)

4. Told a USA Today reporter to fuck off when I was 12, following the resolution of a hostage situation involving my brother.

5. Closed down a bar just outside Regent’s Park with a whole team of softball-playing barristers. And out-argued them.

6. Been made a reverend by a rock star and author.

7. Read a friend’s novel manuscript while on a private airplane with a Very Important Person (TM), pretending it was “a report on potable water.”

8. Climbed into a giraffe pit in the zoo to rescue a young lady’s ruby slipper.

9. Mocked both Fabio (“Do you use Mane and Tail?”) and Hansen (“Can I buy you a drink for sucking?”) to their faces. Among others.

10. Read all of Shakespeare when I was 12 on the theory that I’d get a lot more out of everything I read after. Sorta true.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:52 PM , Blogger John Klima said...

    Wow, mine's not nearly as interesting:

    http://evzine.blogspot.com/2005/02/10-things-ive-done.html

    JK

     
  • At 7:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    While on topic of things you've done ... may I make good on friendly curiosity and inquire as to which Richmond or Lexington bars you worked at, and what years?

    -- an Eastern alum

     
  • At 9:20 PM , Blogger Gwenda said...

    Anon: I will happily oblige the question if you email me privately.

    And JK, I didn't see one Lush-related item on that list! You're holding out.

     
  • At 10:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    no problem! I probably shoulda thought of that, anyway ;)

     
  • At 2:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So whose was the manuscript? Inquiring minds wanna know.

    Justine

     
  • At 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think #8 earns you a knighthood (damehood?) in the Order of the Companions of Dorothy...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home