shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

5.03.2005

omens

I heard The Polyphonic Spree's cover of "Wig in a Box"* and The Decemberists' "Sixteen Military Wives" this morning. Now I feel like I'm in a musical.

"First she has another cup of tea..."

That sort of thing.*


*The best thing they've done by far. They should stop writing their own songs and do an album of Hollywood musical songs, starting with the Gershwins and moving on...

**Did I mention I can breathe today (so far)? Blame this on that.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    >The Polyphonic Spree's cover of "Wig in a Box"

    THANKS for the heads up on this. I recently heard "Sugar Daddy" on the radio so I've been on yet another Hedwig kick...

    barth

     
  • At 6:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    >The Polyphonic Spree's cover of "Wig in a Box"

    Thanks for the heads up on this! I heard "Sugar Daddy" the otehr day and have had Hedwig on the mind ever since. I'll definitely track down this cover.

    Barth

     
  • At 6:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    doh.

    -b.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home