shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

5.15.2005

don't you want to know what she's talking about?

Lizzie Skurnick (aka The Old Hag) writes about the first Read This! selection, which she nominated to the group:

When it finally rose to the top, after I made a brief foray into the first few pages, it fared no better. Four young daughters... distant father. distracted mother... snooze. If I wanted to spend time with fanciful young girls tripping through the long green, I'd reread The Secret Garden.

But when I saw it mentioned on a trusted web site as an excellent read. I went back to it immediately. And, after the infinitesimally-slower-than-I'd-like first few pages, I launched into what remains, hands down, my favorite read of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home