shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

4.19.2005

no quibbles.




You're One Hundred Years of Solitude!

by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Lonely and struggling, you've been around for a very long time.
Conflict has filled most of your life and torn apart nearly everyone you know. Yet there
is something majestic and even epic about your presence in the world. You love life all
the more for having seen its decimation. After all, it takes a village.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



(Via The Happy Booker--or should I say Ms. Ullysses?)

5 Comments:

  • At 8:35 AM , Blogger Clint said...

    You're an Oprah book. How do you feel about that? (Personally, I'd like your kind of sales.)

     
  • At 9:43 AM , Blogger Chris McLaren said...

    Apparently I am "The Guns of August!" by Barbara Tuchman, a book I have literally never heard of.

    Here's what it says:

    Though you're interested in war, what you really want to know is what causes war. You're out to expose imperialism, militarism, and nationalism for what they really are. Nevertheless, you're always living in the past and have a hard time dealing with what's going on today. You're also far more focused on Europe than anywhere else in the world. A fitting motto for you might be "Guns do kill, but so can diplomats."

    None of that is wrong, but it is only a small part of the picture.

     
  • At 12:49 PM , Blogger Dave said...

    I'm the Garcia Marquez as well, which is only right and good and I would have been very upset if not.

     
  • At 4:36 PM , Blogger TJ said...

    Catch-22. How pleased am I?

    Though I would have been just as happy with Marquez, Oprah or no.

     
  • At 8:54 PM , Blogger Gwenda said...

    Dear Richard: shhhh. I didn't like the answer that time.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home