shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

3.08.2005

gilmoregossipcircle alert

It's that time of the week. Following tonight's all new episode of Gilmore Girls* turn up here and weigh in. Or tomorrow. Or whenever. Sounds like a good if Rory-centric episode. The description:

Rory (Alexis Bledel) regrets her agreement with Logan (Matt Czuchry) that they can date other people after she sees him out on the town with another girl. Later, at a party where everyone dresses as a character from a Quentin Tarantino film, Rory shows up with Logan's friend Robert (guest star Nick Holmes), forcing Logan to admit his jealousy. Meanwhile, now that Lorelai and Luke are happily reunited, Emily can't understand why Lorelai still refuses to show up at Friday night dinner. Emily's second visit to the diner to speak to Luke leads to a bitter mother/daughter confrontation. Finally, Michel (Yanic Truesdale) appears on "The Price is Right" and wins a motor home.

Richard Herrmann, Melissa McCarthy and Sean Gunn also star. The episode was written by James Berg & Stan Zimmerman and directed by Michael Zinberg .


Michel on "The Price is Right"? I am so there.****

Related: Last week's jibber and the week before's jabber.

*not brought to you by the WB**
**well, the ep is but not this reminder***
***DFW madness for everyone!!!
****in spirit.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:53 AM , Blogger Bill S. said...

    Well, I was watching it through a fever*, so I don't know that I have anything useful to say, save that: Luke's response to Emily's tirade is classic Luke. I actually feel sorry for Emily, because it's clear that she is trying as hard as she can to avoid ever apologizing for what she did, but it's equally clear that an apology is the only way for her to start getting Lorelai back in her life. I'm very glad that Luke and Lorelai are properly reconciled.

    I actually like Logan, although I also like(d) Marty, and I feel that the mess with Dean (remember him?) was resolved far too quickly.

    Michel on the Price is Right is classic, and so was Kirk sleeping nude in his camper. BTW, what does Michel do at the inn? Every scene he's in seems to be about how disdainful he is of the guests, and how he won't do things Lorelai asks him to.

    Nothing deeper than that to say now. I am bummed that it looks like next week's a rerun.

    *I'm better now.

     
  • At 12:14 PM , Blogger Chris McLaren said...

    So, some random thoughts:

    1) Best written line in the show was definitely the Spency Tracy crack.

    2) Best delivered line in the show was definitely Luke's "Yup".

    3) The Luke/Lorelai conversation about Rory was great. They're both right, of course. Lorelai is right to be worried about the potential to push Rory away by meddling in her life, possibly forever. This is certainly based on her experience with Emily (and very unsubtly pushed home in the diner scene).

    Luke, on the other hand, is right that Lorelai can talk to Rory about her concerns/fears. Talking without meddling is possible, especially when you are willing to treat the other person like an equal. Also Rory is not Lorelai--in some ways she is much more mature, and certainly more capable of trying to see things from the other person's perspective.

    4) At the "clearing Lorelai's place setting" scene I was actually yelling at the screen that they could not make me feel sorry for Emily. I may have been protesting a bit too much, but that feeling was completely erased by the conversation with Richard.

    5) I'm not sure how I feel about the apparent "Emily and Richard aren't manipulative, they're just insensitive to the point of idiocy" spin this episode was giving.

    6) Kirk used to annoy me, but lately I've been thinking he's Mr. Awesome.

    7) So, was I fooled by the botox comment, or was Michel's forehead actually frozen this episode?

    8) I wondered, when Lorelai was putting herself on speed-dial, why that particular gun was above the mantle. Good execution.

    9) I have no idea how I feel about the "Shut up!" scene, but I am very interested in seeing how that story continues.

     
  • At 3:32 PM , Blogger Bill S. said...

    How are Emily and Richard not manipulative? Somewhere, deep down, I think that it is motivated by an emotion that in some cultures might be mistaken for love, but I certainly don't think that this precludes their actions being those of idiots.

    I don't know about Michel's forehead, but I could barely make out a word he said in his description of his trip to LA. I assumed this was because of my illness.

     
  • At 11:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Best use of speed dial, for sure. But the "Shut up" line screamed "tune in next week." This is sure to be the leitmotif this season. The Happy Booker

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home