shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

6.18.2004

strange sights & heat-induced delusions

We were going out to dinner with a friend a few nights ago only to come upon a Corvair parade. The event celebrated the first night of the annual big Corvairanatics convention and, well, it was amazing and a reminder that there is a convention for everything.

And who knew there were Corvair trucks?



The middle of the truck bed opens instead of the back, so you can climb in it. Very swank in a Pez dispenser sort of way. Then, trying to find an image of the bizarro Corvair trucks (times that one picture by 100 plus cars and vans to imagine the slow creep of uneasiness that was the parade), I discover what is perhaps my favorite webpage title EVAH.

(Get ready.)

Secret Corvairs: GM's Stillborn Sixties Small Cars

If that's not a short story or album title waiting to happen, I don't know what is.

"You're a secret Corvair!"

"Am not."

"Are too -- you Stillborn Sixties Small Car, you!"

This is where my head is right now, people. Be very afraid. Perhaps I will check in during the weekend, or perhaps I will try to screw it back on. Tonight is the gallery hop, but it's doubtful we'll be able to hop too much for my car has taken to overheating and so it has to go visit my mechanic in the morning. Hop. Hop. Hop, could prevent such a thing from occurring. And then what would happen?

Exactly. Have a good weekend.

worm: "Spitting Games," Snow Patrol

check out: New blog Tingle Alley

namecheck Mr. Sleepytime Heat Monster Nap Man of Doom

1 Comments:

  • At 4:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have always wanted a Corvair truck. I wonder if the Corvairanatics are endorsing Nader for Prez.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home