shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

3.20.2003

Hey there chicken littles, it's been one helluva week. And I mean for me personally, on top of the other and I just haven't been able to muster the will to update. I have lots of links, that I probably won't put up, because it feels like more profound sentiments should abound. But then, I'm also too tired to be very profound.

I was in a hail storm today, I had to pull over. I didn't have to put on a chem-bio suit.

The sky wasn't really falling.

Alright, if that's the best I can do: links.

The Glove Monster's witch doctor. If you're going to do-do that voodoo, I guess it makes sense to be high dollar about it. I must say I do love the lower rent versions though. Going into a job interview with a voodoo doll on your lapel? GENIus, genus even, human wisdom on display. Has there been an SNL skit about this? If not, there should. I want to write a political novel, someday when I'm far away from it, with a voodoo doll in it.

(It's really interesting what links just aren't worth typing in the HTML three days later. Moving on.... )

The Camp David of the ancient world...?

The workshop is trying to save itself, with recommitments and letters and wishes. And I really hope it works. It is a damn fine group of writers to be involved with.

There are tanks and chem-bio suits and diplomats winking at each other and diplomats that aren't diplomats anymore and no Cary Grant in the background at the United Nations and no end in sight even though they're claiming it is. I don't have anything good enough to say about it. Just swirls that don't make coherence, that won't cohere, not tonight. Words that are incapable of being bombs.

Night all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home