shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

2.03.2003

This is an interesting piece from the Washington Post about Karen Hughes paging desperately through her Holy Bible to find a quote for Bush to use in his speech. Other than that clunky line where he used the word rocket, I thought it appropriate and somber. And even though I know how these things work, it never fails to tarnish it when you realize that someone else did the heavy lifting, ie, wrote it. With Clinton I was never sure when it was him and when it was his speechwriters, but at least I knew some of the time it was him.

Still, I remain comforted by the fact that he didn't say we won't be sending any more people into space, if not by the fact that they cadged the template from Reagan, otherwise known as "Where am I? Who am I? The president? Oh, that's nice."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home