shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

6.20.2004

footnotes to weekend

Item 1: I am dizzy's ditzy daughter.

Says me, pre-caffeine, looking at op-ed page of newspaper and reading column headline at bottom: 'Governors Were Good Fathers' -- what do I care what kind of fathers they were? Why is this in here?

Says Christopher: Because it's Father's Day. That's why we're here, remember. (Note: We were at my parents' house.)

Says me: Oh. Well, it's a good thing, because otherwise that paper is completely insane.

Item 2: There is a trick to getting up hills on your bicycle.

They don't tell you right away, of course, because it doesn't occur to them. Them being the ones who know this trick. But I'll tell you, because I'm your friend.

You do it switchback, weaving back and forth, a little bit this way and a little bit that way, and then poof! top of the hill. (Note: Must be careful to not do this when traffic is coming. Having a lookout up ahead is a good idea.)

Item 3: No, the car isn't fixed yet. No, I don't know what's wrong with it.

It is not a Secret Corvair though. And I miss my satellite radio. Listening to CDs seems so analogue. (Yet charming.)

Item 4: I finished IN THE GARDEN OF IDEN, the first of Kage Baker's The Company novels.

Highly recommended.

Item 5: I finished the loathesome scene.

I'm still not happy with it. But onward!

Item 6: Richard sends the best boxes of worlddom.

Really.

Item 7: It is very late on a school night (or the adult equivalent) and this is all for now.

Really, really.

worm "In Our Gun," Gomez (what is all this about Gomez's new album being "their most accessible to date" -- their last album was extremely accessible...)

check out Hard Time, DC Comics

namecheck John "Yes, Let's Trade (I really will respond to your email this week)" Klima

2 Comments:

  • At 8:14 AM , Blogger John Klima said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:15 AM , Blogger John Klima said...

    LOL! Hoo-ray! Re-posting this becasue I wanted to second the recommendation of Kage Baker's Company books (and short fiction, collected by Goldren Gryphon). They are brilliant.

    John Klima

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home