shaken & stirred

welcome to my martini glass

7.20.2004

things that were bound to happen dept.

I can't believe this didn't happen to me.

A man was arrested for running with a stolen library book.

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- A 36-year-old man led police on a short car chase, driving against traffic on a busy boulevard so he wouldn't get caught with a stolen library book.

"It was stupid," said Syracuse police spokesman Sgt. Tom Connellan, who added police broke off pursuit because the situation Sunday became too dangerous.

Onondaga County deputies in a helicopter tracked Bryan Haynes from the air, and city police arrested him when he finally stopped at a city park.


They got to use the helicopter! And the awful thing is none of these stories say what the book was. I want to know. There are only a few books so embarrassing I'd both read them and evade police rather than be caught with them.

For those who missed it, I once wrote in to Maud's blog about my own checkered library theft past. Read my shame here. (It was the academic team's fault. Bad academic team kids. Bad.)

Oh, and while I'm tangentally referencing Ms. Newton. This guy is a jack-ass. (For a more comprehensive take, visit TEV.)

2 Comments:

  • At 1:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    According to a report on the AP, police spokesman "Connellan did not know the name of the book, but said it was one on religion."

    So, any bets?

    --Jon

     
  • At 1:17 PM , Blogger Gwenda said...

    Please let it be one of the Left Behind books. Although, I suppose the odds are pretty good it might be the Da Vinci Code too.

    This is a fun game. Anton LeVey, anyone?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home